CAAUK 2013 is being hosted by L – P : Archaeology at Corbet Place, The Old Truman Brewery, 15 Hanbury Street, London E1 6QL.
Corbet Place is actually a standalone building in the back (to the west) of the main Brewery complex. Your best bet is to access it via Hanbury Street and enter in the back of the Brewery on the access road running north-south from Wilkes Street. It’s next to the Truman Brewery Events Centre Reception and al Volo (the tasty Italian eatery)..
Getting to the Old Truman Brewery is a cinch using London Transport! We are within walking distance of the City with several Rail stations, Tube stops and Bus Lines. Of course, you can always take a Boris Bike, as there are several docking stations nearby on Brick Lane, Commercial Street, and Bethnal Green Road.
Nearest Rail, Tube and Overground stops:
- Shoreditch High Street (Overground) – 5 minute walk along Quaker Street and around the Brewery to Hanbury Street
- Aldgate East (District, Hammersmith & City, Circle) – 10 minute walk up Osborn Street/Brick Lane to the Brewery
- Liverpool Street Station (Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan, Circle, Central Line and Rail) – 10-15 minute walk up Bishopsgate through Old Spitalfields Market
- Aldgate (Circle, Metropolitan) – 15-20 minute walk through Petty Coat Lane to Commercial Street over to Hanbury
- Old Street Station (Northern) is also near, but is the furthest away from the venue at around a 20-25 minute walk.
Catch the Bus:
- The 67 stops at Commercial Street/Elder Street, with a short walk to the Brewery via Hanbury Street.
- The 135,149,242,26,344,35,388,42,47,48,78,8,N26,N35,N8, and many, many more buses stop on Bishopsgate with the nearest stop at either Commercial Street/Worship Street or Primrose Street. You can then walk well under 10 minutes through Old Spitalfields Market to get to the Brewery via Hanbury Street.
- The 115,135,15,25,N15,N550 all stop at Aldgate East Station, with a lazy 10 minute walk up Osborn/Brick Lane to the Brewery.
- The 100,115,135,15,205,25,254,40,42,67,78,N15,N253,N550,N551 all stop at St Botolph Street stop, near Aldgate Station (some of which continue on to Aldgate East Station- your closer stop). From St Botolph Street stop wind your way through Petty Coat Lane through to Commercial Street and up to the Brewery via Hanbury Street.
- Worth noting, there are many more bus stops along Bethnal Green Road and Old Street station all within walking distance, if a little bit farther afield.
If in doubt – plug in your start point going towards our post code (E1 6QL) on Transport for London’s nifty web app at www.tfl.gov.uk.