L – P : Archaeology and the CAA UK Chapter committee would like to invite you to submit a paper or poster presentation for the CAA UK Chapter conference 2013. The conference is to be held at the L – P : Archaeology head office, The Old Truman Brewery, Brick Lane, London on the 22nd – 23rd February 2013.
We welcome submissions on any topic within the sphere of archaeological computing, but as this is the first year the conference has been hosted by a commercial unit we particularly encourage papers that address the following topical themes:
- Archaeological computing methods and techniques within the Cultural Resource Management (CRM) environment – Submissions on current computing practice and method are particularly welcome from commercial archaeology companies, museum professionals, heritage managers, local authority officers or other bodies working within CRM.
- Archaeological Computing and Public Engagement – This can include submissions on any type of public outreach application, including crowd-sourcing, social media analysis, impact analysis, citizen science, digital engagement strategies, community-based projects, etc.
- Practical uses of Data Mining, Data Sharing and Data Analysis – Moving beyond simple(!) data-interoperability problems, papers are encouraged which show how researchers are actually using large collections of data to move archaeological knowledge forward.
- Archaeological Computing in an Urban Context – How is archaeological computing being used to aid in the excavation, recording and analysis of archaeology in an urban context or on highly stratified sites?
Other themes of long-standing interest to researchers and practitioners include:
- Pattern recognition – Finding patterns within archaeological data, site patterning, image recognition, etc.
- Theory within Archaeological Computing – The application of archaeological theory within the computing environment e.g post-processual approaches to archaeological computing.
- Mixed Reality in Archaeology – This can include submissions on any aspect of Mixed Reality, i.e. Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, 3D recording etc.
The Call For Papers and Posters is now closed.